View Poll Results: Who is going to be our next president?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • McCain

22 44.00%
  • Obama

28 56.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: *2008 Presidential Thread* McCain vs Obama *Poll*

*2008 Presidential Thread* McCain vs Obama *Poll*

Who are you voting for? Who is going to win? What do you dislike or like?

Voting for mccain obama will win hate them both
    87 rx7 tII swapped drift car: sold
    AE86 project: sold
    93 r33 gts25t new project
    00 impreza obs

Obama for so many reasons.

Starting with the obvious: The Iraq war. There's no good reason left to be there.

McCain will stay.

Obama's tax plan is gonna benefit the lower and middle class. It's not going to be good for the rich, but right now that's not affecting me or most of us.

McCain will keep the tax cuts for the rich

Obama will mandate coverage for children and subsidize health care for adults.

McCain won't change a thing.

Obama has a plan to give college students thousands in tuition in exchange for public service, like working at homeless shelters.

McCain won't change a thing again. At least in our country.

I don't see how Republicans can even be happy about having McCain as their nominee. It's completely advantage Obama

I am voting for myself. They both suck. Rexwagon For President!!!!

Undecided at this point.
    10.80@133.15 -- DSM
    07 Mega Cab 5.9 CTD

Quote Originally Posted by Tad218 View Post
    I don't see how Republicans can even be happy about having McCain as their nominee.
    You at least got this part right. Both candidates suck, this is one of the worst elections ever as far as choice go. Last time I checked we didn't operate our country on the principle of redistribution of wealth though, nor did we operate it on the basis of the Constitution being more of a set of guidelines to follow rather than THE law of the land.

Quote Originally Posted by Tad218 View Post
    Obama for so many reasons.

Starting with the obvious: The Iraq war. There's no good reason left to be there.

McCain will stay.

Obama's tax plan is gonna benefit the lower and middle class. It's not going to be good for the rich, but right now that's not affecting me or most of us.

McCain will keep the tax cuts for the rich

Obama will mandate coverage for children and subsidize health care for adults.

McCain won't change a thing.

Obama has a plan to give college students thousands in tuition in exchange for public service, like working at homeless shelters.

McCain won't change a thing again. At least in our country.

I don't see how Republicans can even be happy about having McCain as their nominee. It's completely advantage Obama
    None of these things really effect me at all. I guess depending on what you want to call middle class/upper class it could if he did get elected and held onto two terms. Subsidized health care will have no bearing on if I vote for him. More than likely just raise taxes. Tuition exchange sounds like a good idea, but where is that money coming from. I am more worried about a president who understands economics and money supply. We have too much inflation and our dollar is weak. Plus we need to get to a more balanced budget since we have been using expansionary credit for our economy way too long and that bubble is eventually going to burst. I guess I need to find out more about McCain also...

tjamz Guest
    Voting Obama. Not because he is a democrat, but because I think he is the only one of the two that is capable of being an effective leader.

McCain brings nothing new to the table. Right now, the country is hungry for change (whether that is good or bad is another topic all together) from the pace our economy/war/etc.. is currently moving at. McCain has (thus far) brought no plans to change any of this.

Obama is willing to look at new avenues.

Think about this: If the CEO of a company had been driving it economically into the ground and taking on projects/endeavors that were unpopular by its shareholders for the past 8 years and announced his retirement.

Would you:

A. Hire the guy who is proposing sticking to the same policies & procedures as the old CEO and hope things go differently this time around

or

B. Look for someone with a new vision and desire to make things happen.

My vote is solidly for "B", as option "A" is pretty much the definition of insanity.

As for wealth distribution, there is some truth to that w/ a tiered tax system, however the wealthiest also receive bigger tax incentives and are most likely to get the benefits of increased taxes (AKA Corporate welfare/subsidies). So they pay more and get more. The absolute bottom rung of income earners in this country certainly get proportionally more than they pay in and I have no solution to fix that as of yet (aside from making them work for the city/county/state/federal governments doing jobs like litter control, etc.... as the only way that they can get a paycheck...but that is my idea...not a candidates.)

tjamz Guest
    dangit brian, why didn't you make the votes public?

Though it won't actually happen, I do believe it would be pretty neat to see Ron Paul elected based off write in votes.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information