+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Plastic welding

Plastic welding

I am wondering if anyone on here has any experience with this. I need to modify a few parts and plastic welding looks to be the way to go and there are a few different options to go with on welders but I am curious if anyone on here has done this before and has any pointers?
    Minute ricer!

I plastic welded a radiator one time, true story
    here a psht, there psht, everywhere a psht psht

PVC SQUAD MEMBER #2
    - 95 CIVIC EX- DD 320whp on a mustang dyno

What are you looking to do?
    PM me for:
    Sandblasting(I use glass beads)
    Diesel repairs or performance products.

I used it to fix my dash in my old car when some bitch stole my radio and broke the dash up. It worked pretty well.

a good thing to do if it is a crack is groove out the crack and melt/fill it with plastic filler rod. least thats how i do it on bumpers when I weld them....
    94 Subaru SVX FWD
    subaru-svx.net
    1999 silverado

Well I was trying to modify some parts on my sled since I dropped a different engine in and the oil box was not fitting. I wound up modify the airbox and plastic welding it. But it worked like shit. I could not find a rod that would bond with the material it was made out of. I wound up using slices of the box as weld. I am not sure if it was something I was doing wrong or not but I have to also try to do it for my intakes so I guess I will get more practice. So far I am not impressed though. I could have got the same results with a propane torch.
    Minute ricer!

have you ever looked into any of the adhesives they use in autobody. 3m, lord fusor, evercoat and valvoline all make really good products. probly the best would be the evercoat since that one dont take a special gun, just a typical calking gun is all you need.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information