+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: sub box?

sub box?

Was thinking of building a custom box for my 2 12s to try and get alittle better sound out of them. the box they are in now is not that great and has some screw holes in it. main question is would it be worth it to build a new box for them or should i just try and seal the screw holes?
    04 Toyota Celica Gts

Make a custom Fiberglass box to fit better in your trunk...

Type of subs you are using, what amplifier, vehicle info are all good things to know before any REAL significant advice can be given.

didnt no i needed to post that much info but they are phoenix gold subs and it would be in my celica. let me know if thats enough info wes.
    04 Toyota Celica Gts

Quote Originally Posted by civic91 View Post
    didnt no i needed to post that much info but they are phoenix gold subs and it would be in my celica. let me know if thats enough info wes.

To get the most out of your subs, type and size of subs help A LOT. Let me know what model PG subs you have and what size. That will help figure out if you do need a diff enclosure.

Sub box size/type will make all the difference in the world and all the information you can give us will make a world of difference.

Manufacturer: Phoenix Gold
    Model: (PG made a number of different subs over the years)
    Voice coils (single/dual 4/2 ohm):
    Size of current box:
    Vented/Sealed Box:
    Size (along w/ Make/Model) amp powering the subs:
    Musical Preferences:

Get me the above info and I will model a sub box for you comparing what you currently have (if you can get me cubic ft of existing box) and the optimal enclosure.
    Auto Starts from $200 Installed! Lifetime warranty.

Phoenix Gold, octane r, i believe 4 ohm ill have to check.
    right now they are in an older sealed box from best buy that has some screw holes in it, which is why i was thinking of making a new box.
    and the amp is a Rockford Fosgate p300-1
    and i usually listen to Q98. let me know if that is enough info. also just wondering if it would be worth it to make a new box for them or not.
    04 Toyota Celica Gts

I'll work on a vented design for you. I think you'll like the output much better in those. BTW, approximately how big is your existing box (length x width x height) and do you have room for a slightly larger enclosure?
    Auto Starts from $200 Installed! Lifetime warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Trafik Jamz View Post
    I'll work on a vented design for you. I think you'll like the output much better in those. BTW, approximately how big is your existing box (length x width x height) and do you have room for a slightly larger enclosure?
    Its in a celica so i dont think he will want much bigger of a box so he can atleast fit some stuff in his truck.

I used to have a vented box but am gettin rid of it because i just got a truck and dont have room for it. but i really liked the vented box over a regular one.

Quote Originally Posted by D Caravan View Post
    Its in a celica so i dont think he will want much bigger of a box so he can atleast fit some stuff in his truck.
    lol i rarely put stuff in the trunk, when i do i take the subs out, i thought you knew that.

also i will go measure the box and there is room for a larger box.
    04 Toyota Celica Gts

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information