+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: sub/amp problems

sub/amp problems

I am having an issue with my subs/amp right now, every time they try to go the amp flashes the protection light and it happens every couple of seconds. this just started ooo 5 min ago and before this they were not doing anything since one of the wires from the amp to the subs came loose. any idea what i need to do to fix it or is something toast? also i havent taken a look at any of the fuses yet but i figured if one went nothing would be working.
    04 Toyota Celica Gts

Unhook the sub and see if it still does this. If it doesnt. its your sub that is blown. If it does, your amp needs repair or replacement.

well the protection light doesn't flash when the subs are disconnected, so looks like they are blown.
    04 Toyota Celica Gts

one probably is for sure. but remove them and verify no wires are touching. then, hook one up at a time to see if one or both cause it to go into protect. If you can, have someone measure resistance of each sub with a multimeter to see what the ohms of resistance are.

And if your sub is blown, I have a sweet 12" MTX 9500 series for you

well i am just starting to look at subs again so send me some info on the sub and a price.
    04 Toyota Celica Gts

Quote Originally Posted by civic91 View Post
    well i am just starting to look at subs again so send me some info on the sub and a price.
    Did you check the resistance to make sure it's blown?
    At first I did it for fun, then I realized I made the investment and had to do it!

92 Talon AWD 6/4bolt 12.2@115...Sold
    95 240SX SE SR20DET 13.4@106...Sold
    1993.5 Supra Hardtop...Sold
    Next project? 6cyl, 6spd?

Quote Originally Posted by spanish-rice View Post
    at first i thought the title said beer truck drivers needed... In which case i accidently put my two weeks in at work.

pretty sure they are blown when i push down on them they make a bit of a grinding noise
    04 Toyota Celica Gts

Quote Originally Posted by civic91 View Post
    pretty sure they are blown when i push down on them they make a bit of a grinding noise
    Yep lol
    At first I did it for fun, then I realized I made the investment and had to do it!

92 Talon AWD 6/4bolt 12.2@115...Sold
    95 240SX SE SR20DET 13.4@106...Sold
    1993.5 Supra Hardtop...Sold
    Next project? 6cyl, 6spd?

Quote Originally Posted by spanish-rice View Post
    at first i thought the title said beer truck drivers needed... In which case i accidently put my two weeks in at work.

I had the same problem with a Phoenix Gold amp. Would go into protect mode. I blamed the sub, had it warrantied, and it was the amp. A resistor had burnt off the board and was causing the amp to go into protect mode under load.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information