+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fuckin' idiot squid...

Fuckin' idiot squid...

From www.inforum.com (http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/369793/)

FARGO – FARGO – A 26-year-old Fargo man died this afternoon after crashing his motorcycle at 1505 34th Ave. S., Fargo police Sgt. Ryan Dorrheim said.

Authorities received reports about 1:30 p.m. that a man had lost control of his motorcycle and veered left while eastbound on the residential street, striking a light pole.

The man was unresponsive when police arrived. Dorrheim said he did not know if the man died at the scene or on the way to the hospital.

Police have not determined the cause of the accident, Dorrheim said.

Jeremiah Berlin, an eyewitness to the accident, said he saw the victim driving by himself down the street at a high rate of speed before he lost control, veered to the left and jumped the curb.

Berlin, who said the man was not wearing a helmet, said the motorcycle fishtailed and he struck the pole headfirst.

Berlin said his son was only feet away at the time of the accident.

“I tried to get my kids inside and call 911 as fast as I could,” Berlin said.

Initial reports from the dispatch center stated a witness performed CPR on the victim, Dorrheim said.

Police could not confirm if the 26-year-old was wearing a helmet. Dorrheim, who is part of the accident reconstruction team, said they also cannot confirm how fast the Fargo man was traveling until further investigation.

The victim’s name will be released when his next of kin are notified, Dorrheim said.

Sucks to lose a fellow rider, but if you're acting like a squid and not wearing ATGATT, if you do wreck you deserve whatever comes to you. My guess is he was probably wearing an Aeropostatle shirt, some plaid board shorts, flip flops, rip off mall shop Oakleys and a backwards hat and tried to show off. Call me what you want, mean, cynical, an asshole... but if you're flying down city streets, not wearing gear and their are kids around you deserve a Darwin Award.

Side note, looks like a 1st Gen SV650, anyone know if he was from the boards?

This should get the forum going again been awhile!
    Legacy GT
    Gmc Suburban

I'll keep my money, guns and freedom. You keep the change.

Danny: What about Fargostreet?
    Hallorann: Fargostreet?
    Danny: You're scared of Fargostreet, ain't ya?
    Hallorann: No, I ain't.
    Danny: Mr. Hallorann. What's in Fargostreet?
    Hallorann: Nothin'! There ain't nothin' in Fargostreet. But you ain't got no business goin' in there anyway. So stay out! You understand? Stay out!

ɥƃnouǝ ǝɯ ʇɥƃnɐʇ ǝʌɐɥ ʎǝɥʇ ʞuıɥʇ ʇuop ı ƃuıɥʇ ɹǝʇndɯoɔ sıɥʇ ʇǝƃ ʇuop ı

I think it is an SV1000. Pretty sure it was Him at Stop n Go on SO. University the other night when I was there with my bike. He didn't say anything to me, just kind of looked down his nose at me and started his bike and revved it a few times and drove off. He looked to be in his mid twenties. And yes he was wearing shorts and some funky shoes, don't remember what the shirt said, but it was one of those cliche shirts. Oh and of course no helmet. He didn't appear to be a Bosnian, but did look dark skinned to me fwiw.

I went and looked at the site today on my bike, there is a couple of nasty black marks where he locked up the rear tire like he was trying to power slide right before the road curves. Where his skid marks go he had two choices, go into the grass (which he did and smacked the pole). or hit the V W that was parked there. He was definitely hauling some serious ass with those marks he left. I am almost betting he either didn't use his front brake or he was afraid to.

Nope, not an SV. Either a TLR or TLS. Look at the headlight, it's one piece. When I first looked at it, it looked like two lenses. But it's just a shadow, there is indeed just the one lamp.

I was going to head over there to check it out on my bike, but didn't make it over there. But yeah, sounds like he was booking from what you described and what I can pull up in Google Maps. https://maps.google.com/maps?q=1505+...47442308497854

Sidenote, I love the journalism and police intelligence here;
    The story states...
    Berlin, who said the man was not wearing a helmet,
    Then later states...
    Police could not confirm if the 26-year-old was wearing a helmet.
    Why couldn't they confirm? If there was no helmet at the scene or on the guys head, and there was a witness stating he didn't have a helmet on... chances are he didn't have a helmet on.

Fargo PD identified the individual: Terrance Lee Beston

https://www.facebook.com/terrance.beston

Quote Originally Posted by ZX10RArcher View Post
    Fargo PD identified the individual: Terrance Lee Beston

https://www.facebook.com/terrance.beston
    Yep, that's the guy.

Too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ZX10RArcher View Post
    Nope, not an SV. Either a TLR or TLS. Look at the headlight, it's one piece. When I first looked at it, it looked like two lenses. But it's just a shadow, there is indeed just the one lamp.
    You are right, it looks like a TLS.

Turkeylord
    '05 Legacy GT Wagon - 5MT Stage 4e
    '05 Yamaha Zuma - Stock

Quote Originally Posted by tl@altimas.net View Post
    Looks to be the same guy.....

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information