+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1950 Ford Tudor restoration

1950 Ford Tudor restoration

Here is a little thread showing the progress of the restoration I am currently working on. It is a 1950 Ford Tudor Sedan. It had the numbers matching 239 Flathead V-8 and all of the original parts with it when it came to the shop. The guy that owns the car had it CHEAPLY painted 5 years ago and then lost interest in it...it sat in an open floor barn ever since. /facepalm

Since receiving the car we have pulled the body and completely stripped the frame. The engine is at Quality being rebuilt and is having hardened seats installed for the exhaust valves(pump gas ftw). It will also be receiving a new ADJUSTABLE valvetrain...thank god.

Here are some progress pics:
    Body hanging right after rolling frame out

Been sitting here on pallets since...gotta find time to strip everything off so it can go get new paint. It will be brought down to bare metal this time so we know if it needs any patch panels. It definitely needs floor pans.

Here's the frame right before pulling the motor

Tada! Motorless...

Took a Dewalt grinder with a wire cup to it first to get all of the original "undercoat" off of it

Started blasting with all of the suspension under it...less bending over

Then we went and stripped off the suspension and flipped the frame so it could be blasted the rest of the way

There she is...all blasted and ready for powder coat
    I wanna go fast!

Here are a bunch of shots of the engine partially torn down. I forgot to take pictures of it completely stripped but oh well

Heads and intake

The water pumps

The exhaust crossover pipe...looks like damn V-6 manifolds

Crankshaft!

And the 300 lbs of media that I sifted through multiple times because I'm a cheap ass and didn't want to buy more. Haha
    I wanna go fast!

And here's the frame back from Fargo Powdercoating...looking sexy!

I wanna go fast!

I have all of the steering, suspension, and brake parts ordered from several different restoration companies...holy hell I forgot how expensive this stuff gets! Everything is going to be OE, just new. I'll post more pictures as the project continues. The deadline on this is Toppers so expect frequent updates.
    I wanna go fast!

Stripped the interior and glass this week as well as sand blasted the rest of the chassis parts. They will be making their way to Fargo Powdercoating on Monday. Going to blast the floor of the car tomorrow to figure out what sections need to have replacements welded in. I'll post some more pictures tomorrow when I'm not dead tired.
    I wanna go fast!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information