+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 5 Channel Amps

5 Channel Amps

Are these worth 2 shakes or should I look at a 4 channel and a sub amp?
    FASTER THAN DUBBSY

Quote Originally Posted by thrash View Post
    I noticed that the new 5.0 valve covers say "Ford Motorsport" or something on them. Instead, the valvecovers should be a big bald eagle, holding a rifle in one talon, an american flag in the other, eating apple pie, and shitting on the outline of europe.

Ford is back

I used to love the Memphis belle which was a 5ch amp.

As always, it depends on build quality. The biggest drawback is that often you can't find a 5 channel with a large enough sub output to match the wants of the user. Massive/American Bass/MTX all basically make the same amp (same board) with slightly different components on them. If looking at the Massive Audio option, the NX5 is a solid amp that meets/exceeds rated power.

http://massiveaudio.com/products/amp...nel-amplifier/

We've used these with very good results CMK.
    Auto Starts from $200 Installed! Lifetime warranty.

Right below the big "O" on the top 1/4 mile list
    I have two separate amps, it's nice to be able to put the sub amp back near the sub box, and keep the 4-ch amp up closer to the head unit. Just my $0.02.
    DaveH
    '94 Supra- 7.77 @ 176mph

Power levels desired and pocket book dictate 5ch or 4ch/sub amp.
    If your power levels desired are modest, def go 5ch.
    If you want big power, go the other route.

Like Chuck said, the NX5 is a sweet option.

I have the B2 800w mono amp for the subs, it's a great little amp, amazingly small and easy to find space to mount.
    DaveH
    '94 Supra- 7.77 @ 176mph

I'm partial to my big Belle, but I've used 5 channels from Infiniti and 6 and 8 channels from a/d/s/ with great results as well. A lot of "5 Channels" are 6 channels with one pair bridged. However the Belle is essentially 2 amp boards (a 4 channel and a monoblock) in one heatsink.
    Turkeylord
    '05 Legacy GT Wagon - 5MT Stage 4e
    '05 Yamaha Zuma - Stock

Thanks for the info. I ended up picking up a Kenwood 5 channel. I've had good luck with the Kenwood in the car and it was cheap.

Now I need to find something to replace the burning pile of shit that is a Clarion NX501 head unit.

Also, who has a recommendation on a sub box and sub to go behind the rear seat of a Crew Cab Super Duty? I am entirely too unmotivated to build my own box so unless someone wants to build it for me that is out of the question.
    FASTER THAN DUBBSY

Quote Originally Posted by thrash View Post
    I noticed that the new 5.0 valve covers say "Ford Motorsport" or something on them. Instead, the valvecovers should be a big bald eagle, holding a rifle in one talon, an american flag in the other, eating apple pie, and shitting on the outline of europe.

Ford is back

Quote Originally Posted by MisterCMK View Post
    Also, who has a recommendation on a sub box and sub to go behind the rear seat of a Crew Cab Super Duty? I am entirely too unmotivated to build my own box so unless someone wants to build it for me that is out of the question.
    I got a nice Atrend box through Chuck, pretty cheap and the build quality is actually pretty nice.

DaveH
    '94 Supra- 7.77 @ 176mph

Here's a bazooka style enclosure I built for a 2000 F350 crew cab (behind the seat). Works well and performs equally well with the lil 8" in there.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information