+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pipe without Fuel Processor

Pipe without Fuel Processor

Began doing some research and I am finding mixed reviews on whether or not I need a power commander if the only engine mod I do is a full exhaust. I understand the need to change the computer settings when I do an intake mod, but is it necessary if all I want is the sound? I will eventually do the intake and power commander but in the mean time, can I just put the pipes on it, and rock without any other mods? Help me out!
    no race car? becuz homeowner...

You've got your facts a bit backwards.

For bikes, a full exhaust system IS the big mod that will greatly benefit from a fuel controller. If you were to do an 'intake mod', which is simply an improved air filter, a fuel controller wouldn't be necessary. That being said, you don't NEED a fuel controller, even if you do install a full exhaust system.

If all you want it a better exhaust sound, skip the full system, and get a slip on.
    '08 Suzuki Hayabusa
    '09 Yamaha Zuma 200cc
    '95 E-350 7.5L

If you're just doing it for the sound... degut your current exhaust pipe (don't know what bike you have) or get a simple slip on. No use in spending the $1200+ for a full system if you're not going to use the full benefits of a full system.

I don't like the way the bike looks with the factory 2-1 exhaust. I really would like a little more sound, and the way the pipes look. just wondering if it is going to lean out the bike to the point of hurting it without changing anything other than the exhaust.

did you do the whole motorcycle training crap or are you just winging it. (i.e. no motorcycle license)

1995 Honda Civic

had my permit when I was 16. never renewed it. I have my permit again as of Wednesday and I have my riding test on this coming Wednesday. You don't have to take the training and riding course but it is a good Idea. I took it when I was 16.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    just wondering if it is going to lean out the bike to the point of hurting it without changing anything other than the exhaust.
    No, it won't.
    '08 Suzuki Hayabusa
    '09 Yamaha Zuma 200cc
    '95 E-350 7.5L

Right below the big "O" on the top 1/4 mile list
    If you are going to change out the exhaust, you might as well add a turbo while you are at it.

At least thats the way I look at it.

DaveH
    '94 Supra- 7.77 @ 176mph

LOL, I bought a vstar 950... no turbo's for me.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information