+ Reply to Thread

Thread: leather cleaning

leather cleaning

can you just vacum off leather like you do cloth seats? And if its a bit dirty can you just use a wet wash cloth? Or do you have to have special leather cleaner?
    Jason
    -06 WRX
    -95 CBR 600F3
    701-541-2568

We've come to the point where no extraordinary preformance can occur without the presumption that someone has cheated.

I always vacuum out the seams, then spray down with Armor All to clean, followed by leather treatment to soften things up. It has worked well for me.

....but I'm curious what everyone thinks about using Armor All on leather.

Armor all is a cheap product. You get what you pay for.
    Vacume, Zaino leather cleaner, then Aerospace 303. If you want an interior that looks like it has suntanning oil on it, go ahead and use Armor All or other cheaper, oil based product. I prefer the satin look on leather ove the greasy hamburger look.

mwc1 Guest
    i vacuum it off then use some kind of leather cleaner dont remember what its called though...smells good too!

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX
    I always vacuum out the seams, then spray down with Armor All to clean, followed by leather treatment to soften things up. It has worked well for me.

....but I'm curious what everyone thinks about using Armor All on leather.
    you dont need to use the armor all, the leather treatment should shine it up pretty well. personally i wouldnt use armor all on leather just for the fact that when it starts to get hot out the armor all will cause the leather to crack

I used the Miguires(sp?) a few times and threw it away. Where can I get some Zaino 94TA?
    Getcher green hat, we are goin fishin.

Quote Originally Posted by 63vette View Post
    I dont know shit about building cars.

Quote Originally Posted by 92BlackTT
    I used the Miguires(sp?) a few times and threw it away. Where can I get some Zaino 94TA?
    Zaino has a websight, www.zainobros.com. Both Z9 and Z10, the cleaner and the conditioner, work awesome. I just prefer to use 303 in place of the conditioner because it is easier to apply, and the smell isn't as strong (Z10 gives back the new leather smell BIG TIME, I just would rather have a different smell).

Another good cleaner/conditioner is Lexol.

Also, Armoral had to re-do their formula recently because is it was found to do more harm than good, like K-swiss said. Apparently the new stuff is ok on cars though.
    Last edited by 94NDTA; 04-26-2005 at 07:37 PM.

mwc1 Guest
    I use 3M professional Formula Leather and Vinyl Restorer.....it says it "enhances appearance, restored natural sheen, and cleans and protects....and smells like lemons!!...i dunno i guess my seats always look pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by mwc1
    I use 3M professional Formula Leather and Vinyl Restorer.....it says it "enhances appearance, restored natural sheen, and cleans and protects....and smells like lemons!!...i dunno i guess my seats always look pretty good
    Almost any product 3M makes is high quality stuff.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information