+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Astrostart

Astrostart

I am looking for the astrostart brand remote starter. Does anyone know which places in town all install them. I want to get my mom a good one for christmas and I talke dot Corwin but want to see if anyone else is cheaper. I am looking at the 2106XR. Thanks
    Boys and Their Toys Auto
    From general automotive maintence to major service work. You name it and I'll see what I can do. Engine swaps, rebuilding, suspension, brake upgrades, etc...

Current Toys: 1987 Fiero GT, 1989 Turbo Trans AM, 2003 Lancer, 1994 Civic Lx

Phone: 701-371-5615
    E-mail: boysatt@aol.com

Please click image to see my website.

tjamz Guest
    Astrostart brand, go to Roadsounds or Team. Just out of curiousity, why does it have to be Astrostart brand? There are many other brands out there that are as good or better....and better priced.

Astrostarts are nice. My mom just got hers installed at Team Electronics. Works great and they did a nice clean install. Fairly cheap too.

3 things i couldn't live without.........
    :3gears: -> :drink: -> :poon:

Autosystems is also a place to go for Astro start brand.

go to team....they do a good job..in a fairly quick time.

If your stuck on the astrostart go to team.

but check out what tjamz has to offer
    PM me for:
    Sandblasting(I use glass beads)
    Diesel repairs or performance products.

I was always told to only go with astrostart. I have a buddy that had a compustar (I beleive) installed, and he has had NOTHING but problem with it. Sae with his sister. I will not say where he got them installed.

^they have a life time warranty.

Most of the problems i have had with mine were because of the battery. They are picky about old drianed batteries
    PM me for:
    Sandblasting(I use glass beads)
    Diesel repairs or performance products.

we install AstroStarts here also (Lunde's)
    POWERD BY

tjamz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 94NDTA
    I was always told to only go with astrostart. I have a buddy that had a compustar (I beleive) installed, and he has had NOTHING but problem with it. Sae with his sister. I will not say where he got them installed.
    There's nothing wrong with Astro, but to limit your choices based on a bad experience with one other company is a bit extreme. It would be like saying I've always driven a Chevy and my buddy bought a Ford that was a POS from day one, so I will never buy anything other than Chevy even though there might be something better out there for the money.

Price is the #1 reason I don't do astro...and they are a pain to program IMHO. What I mean by price is a big reason is yes, you can get an astro installed for ~$225 (remote start, keyless entry, trunk release) and you get ONE remote keyfob. For the same price (from virtually EVERY other manufacturer that I've dealt with) you can get one w/ 2 key fobs, a lifetime warranty, etc, etc, etc...

I firmly believe that (except in rare circumstances) it comes down to who installed the starter. Most of them are nearly identical in how they operate and the way they are designed. MOST issues with autostarts are due to shoddy wiring by the installer (or in some cases a bad batch of "brains" or keyfobs from a manufacturer...it happens to ALL manufacturers from time to time). Make sure whoever is installing it solders the wires (t-taps and crimp caps can lick my nuts), leaves a neat looking install behind and uses grommets to pass through firewalls as needed.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information